By Steve Outing
It’s in wiki format, and I’m asking your help in writing it.
Read about it in more detail over there, but briefly it’s in response to Google CEO Dr. Eric Schmidt’s public fretting about the state of newspapers and investigative journalism, and his suggestion that Google has a “moral imperative” to help figure out a new advertising model that will support important watchdog and investigative journalism.
If Google is willing to help, then the newspaper industry should take Schmidt up on that.
Here’s a video from AdAge.com of Schmidt sounding the alarm bell:
- Storytelling at the scene of the (insert news event here) - February 4, 2015
- Live events: Best of current ideas for better funding journalism - February 1, 2015
- A text-message storytelling tool: How about for news? - January 4, 2015
- Final days to share your news business model! - December 28, 2014
- Reboot blog! - December 28, 2014
- Brainstorm! What are future ways to fund news organizations? - October 9, 2014
- HBO has losing game with ‘Thrones’ - October 2, 2014
- A dilemma: Where to host a social-media discussion group - September 10, 2014
- Writing About the Future: A new community you should join! - September 7, 2014
- Future scenarios at work as a tool for climate advocacy - September 4, 2014